Transports & Logistics
The falling prices, the furious competition and the increasingly demanding customers had made the transports and logistics services go through a radical transformation. The market is periodically shaken by mergers and acquisitions where the losers are the ones that couldn’t adapt on time.
So to become really competitive and be able to play a role in the market, they must become extremely lean in processes and structure, yet very sophisticated when it comes to customer service.
McGrath Transports & Logistics, our dedicated unit to serve the transport and logistic industry have been helping some of the major players to adapt to the new market requirements, reduce costs, increase turnover and increase profitability even in such turbulent times.
Improvements in such areas as improved scheduling, route efficiency, staff productivity, procurement efficiency, inventory optimization, reduction of maintenance response time, maintenance productivity increase, reduction of warehousing costs, energy cost reduction, quality improvements and turnover increase are just some of the benefits of a McGrath program.
McGrath improvement program in the transport services achieve extraordinary results for an industry that is the avangarde in creating or adopting new methodologies. Our clients have achieved:
Productivity increase by as much as 30%,
Fleet utilisation increase by10%,
Improved service performance (punctuality) by 25%,
Improved service performance (on time deliveries) by 35%,
Fleet down time reduction by as much as 25%
Warehousing cost reduction by 40%
Energy Consumption Reduction by 12%
Turnover increase by 12%,
Staff productivity increase by 25%
Intangible improvements are achieved at the same time, such as greater confidence from all stakeholders, increased and more focused meetings, better control of key events, better communication between departments, better training programs and methods, more loyal and satisfied clients, improved forecasting and scheduling with correctly focused follow-up, a dynamic pro-active maintenance system and more satisfied customers.
Some of our clients in the Transports and Logistic sector:
Transports Case Studies:
- Re-structure of the Procurement function and re-engineering of the procurement process. Airline. Central Europe
- Optimisation of the Maintenance Function. Bus lines. Southern Europe
- Opening of a new hub. Airline. Southern Europe
- Re-structure and optimisation of the Maintenance function. Air Traffic Control. Southern Europe
- Catering cost reduction and revenue increase. Cruise line. Northern Europe
Logistics Case Studies:
- Staff and Equipment Optimisation. Containers Terminal. Southern Europe
- Inventory Reduction. Waste Reduction. Route Planning Optimisation. Pharma Distribution. Southern Europe